February 12 - 16, 2024
Join Attain Partners expert Amanda Seymour for two post-conference workshops during the 2024 SRA International Virtual Financial Management Conference.
Financial Management Workshops
It’s About the Money
Part 1: Thursday, February 15 | 1p – 4p ET
Part 2: Friday, February 16 | 1p – 4p ET
As research administrators responsible for all institutional research and related activities involving externally and internally sponsored projects, it is important to be conversant with a myriad of topics related to managing sponsored projects. Having an understanding of financial management is an important area for those who are in the pre-award and compliance as well as post-award. As a result, this workshop will highlight the roles and responsibilities of the administrative/scientific staff while identifying the types of funding instruments institutions receive to support their research programs. The workshop will also highlight the administrative requirements specifically outlined within 2CFR 200 (Uniform Guidance) with in-depth discussions surrounding topics such as compensation, prior approval requests from sponsors, re-budgeting, cost transfers, cost sharing and standards regarding documentation for all expenditures, and various ways to manage based on shared experiences.
- Understand ways to assure compliance with award requirements throughout the project’s duration, closeout, and beyond;
- Learn the importance of developing a budget that is compliant and supports the scope of work being performed;
- Recognize how sound financial compliance administration can be bolstered by institutional policies and strong channels of communication/collaborations across the research enterprise
- Maria Soliman, Director, University of Iowa
- Amanda Seymour, Manager, Attain Partners