Leveraging Workday ERP to Modernize and Streamline Business Processes
Many higher education organizations use paper processes, decades-old legacy DOS software, and non-cloud-based ERP software solutions to manage their human capital, finance, and student processes. These disparate legacy resources are unable to keep up with the modern need for transparency, real-time data, dashboards, reporting, mobile apps, and modern business processes. What is the solution for higher education organizations facing this dilemma? Workday ERP.
Workday is a modern, cloud-based ERP solution for all major industries, but it is particularly powerful when transforming higher education organizations and their business processes. Workday provides a comprehensive platform that will change how institutions handle business processes for finance, human resources, payroll, budgets, and the student lifecycle while keeping security and transparency at the forefront.
Workday provides numerous tools and features to streamline and optimize business processes, increase efficiency, improve decision-making, and enhance transparency.
Experience a Business Transformation: Discover How Workday Can Revolutionize Your Higher Education Institution
- Unified Platform. Workday offers a unified platform for managing finance, human resources, payroll, and student processes instead of managing those systems separately, and in many cases, with different software or spreadsheets. Managing disparate systems leads to additional work, longer time to find and compile data for reporting, and less transparency. With Workday as your ERP, your higher education organization can streamline these functions into a single platform and manage the entire employee or student lifecycle. This improves data accuracy and analytics, making entering data and looking at reports efficient with real-time data.
- Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence. Having Workday will help your higher education organization make better decisions more efficiently. Workday’s machine learning and artificial intelligence will analyze your data and offer insights and trends. For example, if your higher education organization is concerned about employee retention, Workday will analyze employee data to identify trends and patterns that will suggest which employees are the most likely to leave. Your higher education organization can use this information to develop plans to improve employee engagement and retention.
- Communication and Collaboration. Workday provides a suite of tools to improve communication and collaboration. For example, Workday features a user interface similar to social media that allows users to communicate and collaborate in real time. This can increase productivity in teams and between departments.
- Mobile Friendly. Workday’s mobile app allows users to access real-time data from anywhere at any time on their smartphone or tablet. With the Workday mobile app, employees can submit expense reports, access HR and payroll data, like pay slips, track time, and perform other functions. Students can view their course schedule, financial aid, and timely announcements.
- Flexible and Scalable. Your higher education organization will grow and evolve over time. Using Workday allows your higher education organization to scale up how Workday is used to meet your changing needs. Business processes in Workday are very flexible and easy to update as business needs change. Workday can be accessed from anywhere, saving on costly on-premises hardware and infrastructure.
Experts at Attain Partners can work with you to:
- Understand your current state business processes and map out future state business processes that would be streamlined and enhanced using Workday. We provide an objective perspective about your business processes and review them impartially.
- Leverage our Workday expertise and experience in supporting Workday projects thanks to our in-depth understanding of best practices, challenges, and pitfalls associated with Workday implementations.
- Serve as the project manager to coordinate and manage your Workday implementation to use your time efficiently and minimize complexity for you and your team. We can help with project planning, risk management, and resource allocation to ensure the project is delivered on time and within budget.
- Help create lasting change at your institution by providing a change management strategy that includes stakeholder analysis, communication planning, and training to ensure your employees are ready to embrace Workday.
As your higher education organization begins the journey of selecting a new ERP, Attain Partners understands the importance of delivering the new ERP in a timely manner and on-budget that will revolutionize and modernize your business processes. We have the knowledge, experience, and technical expertise to guide you and your team members through the Workday implementation process.
Learn more about our services here.
About the Author
Michelle Metcalf is a Senior Consultant in the Strategic Transformation Services Group at Attain Partners. Michelle focuses on change management and training for higher education clients. She brings 10+ years Nonprofit and Higher Education experience with an extensive understanding of the Workday ecosystem.
Be the First to Know
Subscribe to our monthly Pulse newsletter
to be the first to hear about new blog posts